Well it is Thursday evening and our house is quiet. Josh is at conferences, Marisa is now in Ellensburg with her Grandma and Grandpa Emmons and I am sitting and thinking about how I am going to stand being away from my little curly-haired girl for 4 days. While I've been laid up with the ankle...Marisa has decided to learn to get on the potty herself, open the door for Oscar to go in and out, and play games like building with blocks that mom can do without running all around all the time.
Taking advantage of a kidless/husbandless house tonight I got to take a relaxing bath and get my ankle/leg clean and shaven. Now that felt awesome! 2+ weeks was about the limit. I am waiting for the scabs to heal on the incisions and soon enough I'll be able to actually get it super clean, but I'll be satisfied with washcloth wet clean for now. It's the small things that matter at this point. I have 9+ more week of healing, non-weightbearing days.
I know I am getting better though because I was able to clean all the icky stuff out of the fridge that has been collecting as I haven't been able to do anything around the house. The good news was that nothing was so molded that I couldn't figure out what it had been and nothing leaked so no smelly fridge once all was out. It is cleaned and smelling much better. While I cleaned I watched my dog drool and beg to just get in to that thrown out food. I hope I can continue to be up and around more now that my ankle is healing.
Appropriately Josh's graduation gown and hood came today just before we will head off on his graduation trip to Las Vegas where we will be staying at New York, New York Hotel and Casino where Josh has wanted to stay since the first time he took me down there in August of 2000 for his 21st birthday before we were even engaged. I still remember it will. Seems like a long time ago, but this time because it was supposed to be our big trip going to fancy shows and dinner and I am all gimped out so we will go, but it will be painful and slowgoing for me. Not quite the usual Emmons' family pace of walking the entire 8 mile strip of Las Vegas BLVD. I am hoping for another trip once I am all healed up and can actually walk again. Hopefully on the next trip we will plan it with friends.
Enjoy this Spring of 2009. Hopefully we'll avoid any more snow! I'll post upon our return and hopefully have some fun pictures from our Vegas trip and Jon and Robyn's wedding in Ellensburg where Marisa will be a sweet flower girl.
HAVE A FAB TRIP!! TAKE PICTURES! AND LOTS OF PAIN MEDS! :)
ReplyDelete