Monday, March 23, 2009

Survival Mode

I am in survival mode. Eat, sleep (if I can get comfortable enough), get to school and sit. However for my first full day back we had 2 evacuations/fire drills and of course one was not a drill. (Fumes in one of the portables, lucky the rest of us got to go back inside.) My teaching partner and her husband graciously brought in an old lay z boy chair for me to use in my classroom this year as we have 11 more weeks of school and I have 10 weeks of non-weightbearing life to live. Oh goodness. So the countdown this week is to finish conferences Thursday by 3pm and then off to Vegas on Saturday morning. So my next goal is just that, survive conference week and get to Vegas!!After that it will be just 8 weeks when we return from our Vegas vacation/spring break.

PS Josh took one set of steristips off the short incision and that was enough pain for me so we are waiting on the long incision strips for a night or two. My leg is now bare and I know why the brace hurt...I'm bruised from my toes to about 1/2 way up my shins. Lovely black and blue coloring...it's orginial. However I don't think it will match my dress I am going to wear to our fancy dinner in Vegas. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment