Friday, March 20, 2009

Morning Thoughts Before I Go To School

I have decided to head back to my classroom this afternoon. My kids have had a rollercoaster ride the last two weeks. Thankfully, Katie, my student teacher from earlier and my next door neighbor, Amy, came through and subbed in my room. I know they've done and excellent job and my kids have been well taken care of, but now I have to go straight in to parent/teacher conferences without having a lot of contact with the kids for the last 2 weeks. It is nerveracking each time I have had to come back from a long break. This is my 3rd go round with this: first it was the knee, then the bedrest when pregnant with Marisa and now the broken ankle. With the first two it was only conference week and the week before and I came back after Spring break vacation (although neither were much of a vacation). This time I am trying to come back before conferences, I hope it isn't too early. I want to heal correctly and quickly and I know, the more rest the better it will be.

On a happy note, a teaching and coaching friend swung by our house last night and brought us dinner from Spiro's. Her son, Logan, is almost 4 and he his a big boy, but very gentle. He and Marisa played for almost 3 hours. It was fun to watch them interact. The highlight of the play came when Logan decided he wanted to share his Star Wars light sabers with her. They were pretty cool and now I know what to get Josh for his 30th birthday, his very own Star Wars light saber. They used them like swards and they decided to chase imaginary bugs, spiders, and snakes around the house and squish them with the end of the light sabers. They have awesome imaginations. We had so much fun and I got to see a friend and have adult conversation. We can't wait to get together again with them.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the 1/2 day was good and not too much for you!! TGIF & weekend!!

    ReplyDelete