Friday night I had my physical therapy and I got about 15 minutes of an extra foot/ankle massage. That was a start to a beautiful evening. The weather here on Friday was gorgeous....mid 70's and it felt great to wear shorts and a T-shirt to school and not freeze. After PT, I drove on home and Josh had Maris ready to go and we headed out to the country to the Villar's house (Josh's boss' place). They live out where I grew up so it's always a treat to go out there where no one can peak across a fence in the yard and see what your up to. We had their famous tacos and on this special night and Josh got to use his new fryer. (Happy Father's Day!!) Josh and Jay whipped us up some yummy calamari in that fryer and then continued to make sopapillas (spelling?). I'd never had them, but wow they were terrific!
After spoiling ourselves with excellent food and Hurricanes we headed to the hot tub. It was the first time I've been able to enjoy a hot tub or pool experience since I've had my ankle surgery. It was amazing. Felt great to sit and relax and have good conversation with friends. Maris was a trooper. She played in the infamous "drawer" of toys, watched a little Horton Hears a Who with the older boys, ate some cheese and sopapillas, slipped in to the hot tub and then fell asleep in the chair. When she fell asleep around 8:45pm we knew we didn't have to get her right home. She was out like a light so we decided to enjoy the good company and hang out around the fire.
Remembering that our weather on Friday was just like summer time it was one of the most pleasant nights in May I can remember. Since we were hanging out in the country you could look up and see the stars and the Big Dipper was parked right above. Even with the clear skies filled with stars it was warm enough for shorts and a sweatshirt.
The cold didn't seem to bug me as much as it had Thursday and that definitely counted as my early Birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment