Monday, April 27, 2009

Making a Birthday Cake...Minnie Mouse Style...Happy 3rd Birthday Marisa!

This is how I started Marisa's Minnie Mouse Birthday cake. I enlarged a picture of Minnie Mouse at school and cut it out to make a pattern and then I baked 3, 9x13 cakes. (2 chocolate and 1 yellow).
Then I started cutting. I was a little nervouse because it was too late to make another cake and still finish it by the party date. It was becoming an adventure in cake making for me.

Then I whipped up a batch of my favorite butter cream frosting and began to dye the frosting black, but I had already used a knife and carved in the lines of where the frosting had to stop so it was just a matter of making sure I didn't slip up while spreading the frosting.
I finished it about an hour before the party. 3 days later we have a Minnie Mouse cake. Thanks Uncle Josh for the cake decorating kit...bet you didn't know Marisa would ask for this and those tools came in oh so handy.
Josh's boss asked me to make him a Goofy cake for his birthday in September. Oh my! Maybe the second time around will be a little easier.



1 comment:

  1. Oh! It's so cute!! :) Well done. And I totally sympathize with your not being able to play tennis--that's super rough. Heal fast!

    ReplyDelete