Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring Break in Vegas 2009

Some photos from our Vegas Vacation! When you see a life size transformer you've got to have it on picture!

Josh posed for a picture in front of the Eiffel Tower at the Paris Hotel and Casina as we were waiting to see the Bellagio Fountains. However after waiting about 15 minutes in the wind, the fountain show was cancelled and Josh had to wheel me all the way back to the hotel after we'd had our special dinner out.

Here we did a self portrait before we headed out to our dinner all dressed up, but I would let him take a picture of me in my "boot" so faces is all your going to get!


This is a picture I took from my favorite spot...the Pool at NY, NY!

Josh made sure he had a drink at the pool and enjoyed the sun that wasn't too hot for him, however I'm in for hotter weather next time. At least let it hit 80 degrees...this is the desert!

The Vegas Story
This year Josh and I spent Spring Break in Las Vegas while Marisa spend her Spring break in Ellensburg with Grandpa and Grandma Emmons. This was our first getaway by ourselves and despite being on crutches we were determined to have a good time. Getting around Vegas on crutches proved to be a little too much for me so Josh rented me a wheelchair and pushed me down the strip to see the sights this time. Let me tell you it is not the way to travel like you would think. First of all, you are at the level of everyone's mid section and many people wear interesting clothing and show way too much skin in that area. Second, my ankle wasn't really ready for bumps and with all of the construction down there the sidewalks are more then bumpy so I had to hold my right leg out in front in order to make sure it didn't bounce away with pain. However on the two days we had the wheelchair Josh pushed me down to the middle of the strip as well as all over the MGM where we had fancy dinner at Sea Blue and restaurant by Michael Mena (an Ellensburg native) and it was fantastic. Some of the best food I've eaten in my life. Josh had a 16oz steak that literally melted in your mouth and I had a seafood paella that was better then anything I've eaten. We truly enjoyed our evening out.
Besides our special dinner we had booked two Vegas shows. One was the dinner show at Excaliber and we got to watch the "Knights of the Round Table" battle it out and eat with our fingers our whole chicken. Now you can't beat that! Our second show was a circ show. It was the sensual side of it called "Zumanity" and it was hilarious and interesting and eye-opening. Being on crutches you get lots of special privilidges in Vegas. We were always first and at our one and only buffet trip at the Paris hotel we got to go to the front of the line. I also figured out that it is easy to carry lots of dishes while wheeling yourself through the buffet and that French food was amazing!! Same when entering the shows and at the airports..always first. Crutches and wheelchairs are good for some things! However I did get wanded and swabbed for explosives at the airports going both ways. Not what I would call relaxing as I stood on one leg while a nicorette gum chewing woman wanded me over and over. Duh, my mettle "boot" is going to set off the metal detecting wand. So GROSS!!! I now know why they get a bad reputation. Seriously before you get close to someone don't smoke and smell like nicorette; major bad combo!
Josh had fun gambling and paid for our dinner with his winnings, mind you that was Sunday night and by Monday when all the people left Vegas...his luck left as well. I of course lost my $5 twice and was disappointed that you can't pull the "one-armed-bandits" anymore and I sure do miss the cling, cling, clang of the nickels and quarters coming out of the machines. Gambling just isn't the same.
Vegas was a blast and I can't wait till Josh and I get to take off together again just the two of us when I'm healthy again.



No comments:

Post a Comment