I don't think you realize how much freedom driving a car gives someone until it is all of a sudden taken away. After not driving for 4 weeks I am back behind the wheel. I can't even go into a store and shop because I can't push a cart or carry a basket, but just being able to get myself to work is a feat in itself. I've driven 2 days in a row! I'm on a roll. I think I counted out around 38 more teaching days of being on crutches and stuff. Quite a mountain to climb. I think I can, I think I can!
Since I've been home with Marisa all by myself since Sunday I've seen just how grown-up she's getting. She will be 3 in just a couple of weeks and I cannot believe how well she speaks and responds already. She has figured out that mom means business even if she can't chase her and pin her down. Hopefully she'll continue to be that same sweet girl forever.
Hi! Found your blog through Matt and Lori's blog. I was so happy to finally meet the famous Marisa. She is SO cute and did a fantastic job at the wedding. You are two are very blessed! It was great to see you.
ReplyDeleteLove, Melanie
Hope your healing is going well. That would be so difficult to function without the use of a foot or leg. Not to mention trying to take care of a little girl. Thinking of you!
ReplyDelete