Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Family of 4 after 1 Month

Jensen Keith, 1 month old
He's weighing in at 7.4lbs. He's growing and changing all the time.
1 month
Mom and Jensen, he makes me look so pale.
Grandpa and Grandma Emmons came over for the weekend. Papa, Jensen and Marisa
Dad, Marisa and Jensen
It has been a busy first month as a family of four and quite an adjustment. Marisa has continued to go to daycare and will be home with Jensen and I starting in June. We went to Elmo Live in Tacoma, Marisa went fishing and caught lots of traut and sunfish in Ellensburg while Josh and I had a weekend with Jensen and went to Josh's school party, and we all attended an Eagle Scout ceremony and then a college graduation party for some family friends.
Jensen's doing well and some nights I even get 4-5 hours of sleep at his long sleep period. I love those nights, but most nights are like last night...one 3 hour sleep and a couple of 1-2 hour sleeps. He eats well and grunts often. He's lifting up his head when on his tummy and likes to exercise on his back when he's awake making his arms and legs go, go, go! Marisa loves to hold and cuddle him until he fusses and then she's done. She combs his hair and kisses him often. She even "babysits" as she says while I hop in the shower in the morning. I catch her talking so sweetly to him. We are lucky to have such a sweet big girl. Anytime it hasn't been raining and I haven't been feeding Jensen Marisa is outside on her big girl princess bicycle. Yesterday, she and I made at least 7 trips down to the STOP sign and back to our house, but like usual Jensen came calling. She's a trooper though and came in and decided to brush his hair and read books while we took the time with her baby brother. She wants to read and is reading the word "the" and sounding out some words as well like "cat" and "hat" and "pig" too!
Here's hoping for a real smile soon and a great 2nd month as a family of 4!

2 comments:

  1. Have you been bringing Jensen to the tanning beds?! :)

    He's so cute!!! Happy to hear M is doing a great job being a big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha tanning bed nope. Amazing how dark his skin is though isn't it! My mom had darker skin, but not that dark. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete