Saturday, April 10, 2010

Seaside, OR Spring Vacation

There'd be no flying this Spring Break due to the newest Emmons' so we drove to Seaside, OR for 3 nights and 4 days crossing our fingers that we would have good weather. Turns out we had one sunny day! What a fun place! I had never been there and Josh hadn't been since high school so it was a fun new adventure.
There were so many candy stores, we had to check them out and decide which one was best. Just so happens we felt like we'd stepped back in to childhood with all the old school candy we found and we stocked up on some Salt Water taffy too! Do you remember Zotz? Giant Gummy Rats? The pop bottles you drank and then ate the outside of? Needless to say we spent some time at "The Buzz" before we left in order to get our fix. :) While Marisa was taking a nap on our last day Josh decided to hit up "The Buzz" and then try a deep fried twinkie from the place next door.
We ate at Dooger's and Josh's meal was delicous. I can't say much for my clam chowder, but wow I never though cajun seafood would be something I'd try and it was awesome.
Just before we took off we ate at Pig N Pancake. That place was great! I'd go back there in a heartbeat! Cruncy swedish crepes for me, sandollar pancakes for Marisa and eggs Benedict for Josh and that sent us back on our 4 hour drive to Port Orchard.
One cute cow after another at the Tillamook factory!

We decided to share a 5 scoop bowl for our mid-morning snack! It's never to early for ice cream! On the way back we made another stop to pick up some Tillamook jerky and pepperoni sticks at the outlet outside the jerky factory!
One sleepy girl on the way back from Tillamook looking back on Manzanita Beach I think. Getting ready to race the waves back in to the beach! I had to stay back and enjoy watching them run all over the place this time.
The carousel...this was a definite high light. She chose that rabbit and never stopped smiling!
We had to get ice cream on the only sunny day! I thought she'd share with me like when we were at Disneyland this summer, but alas she's grown up. I only got to make sure it didn't drip all over and she downed the rest.
Self portrait!!
Marisa proudly flying her first fairy princess kite. It was so nice and the perfect amount of wind Josh ran to the kite shop and purchased the only princess (aka fairy) kite while Marisa and I stepped on old crab shells. He quickly put it together and we had about 30 minutes of kite flying before we hit the ice cream store! Now that's a day at the beach!
It may have been freezing cold and windy and rainy, but getting in the pool every day was a must! The pool was heated, but purple lips told me it was still pretty cold.
Our aquarium friend! Cool looking eel.
We fed the seals two times while we were at the aquarium and this particular seal (that was blind in one eye) continued to splash Josh in order to get him to feed him instead of the others. We had a lot of giggles!
Marisa and I checking out the tanks full of intersting sea creatures.
We stopped for a family photo on what had to be the windiest place, but a nice gentlemen was kind enough to take our picture.
Freezing cold, but it wasn't raining so we took advantage of that few minutes and walked the beach as soon as we checked in to our condo.

No comments:

Post a Comment