Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Princess Palooza

It has finally happened, I have dreaded this moment for so long and we even got through Disneyland 2 times without a blink of an eye when we didn't go see the princesses there, but Marisa has fallen in love with them. We went to see the new Disney princess movie New Year's Eve and even before that she was all excited about Snow White and now it has snowballed in to all of the princesses. For Valentine's Day, Marisa wanted Cinderella so I picked up a small figurine with 2 dresses at Target and you would have thought she had died and gone to heaven. That night we went to dinner at our friend's house and they love Disney as well and no only did they have Sleeping Beauty, but Cinderella too! It was perfect as we just finished reading both of those 100 page books in the last couple of weeks. When she finished Cinderella she told me, "that was the most wonderful movie" and it made me smile.
I may have dreaded the princesses, but she is constantly wanting to read the long chapter books and will sit through 2-3 chapters a night if we have that kind of time. She will sit and flip through the Princess collection if we are busy and best of all the Disney counting, phonics, and shapes books have spurred a great deal of learning. As much as I've dreaded the princess phase there have been a great deal of benefits to them. I wonder how long our princess palooza will last? Hopefully until we visit the magical kingdom again and I will try to embrace the princesses for Marisa since I am pretty sure our newest member of the family will be in to Cars and Peter Pan and all things boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment