

Marisa got to help pat the turkey dry and then season and oil the outside of our little bird. She also helped me stuff it and thought that was pretty funny. We had planned on frying a turkey the day after Thanksgiving, but we ended up hosting a small Turkey day for my family at our house so we did both birds in one day. It was only my second turkey that I have ever cooked. It was fun and easy and the turkey noodle soup it made was fabulous. If you can't tell we had a jammie day for Marisa on Thanksgiving because she had a fever. Poor kid. She seemed to perk up after her nap and some meds.
PS We are still eating turkey almost on a daily basis whether it is turkey noodle soup, just some warmed up turkey or turkey sandwiches (cold or hot). I think it is never ending. :-) Even had a teacher suggest making turkey enchiladas. I think I might try that this week as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment